Mesh Exporter From Editor

BES

There should be an option to export any model made in the editor to a file format that can be read by Blender,3ds Max, Maya..those 3 at at the least.. a format that saves everything about the model..or just about everything..

Only being able to export to a valve format seems ...restrictive

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine

Thanks ..but I said mesh exporter and I mean from the Leadwerks 3.2 editor ..on the top where it says export, or it should be there when you right click on a selected model an option to export the selected model pieces...all I see is an option to export to the valve .vmf map format...

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine

I just figured it would be a given, right click on a model made in the Leadwerks 3 Editor to be able to export it to an .fbx or .obj or some other format that a 3D modeling program can open..

I mean if Josh insists on merging 3D World Studio with the Leadwerks 3 editor(instead of just updating 3D world Studio...) ... there was an option in 3D World Studio to export "selected object" to several different model formats..

Here ...this is a hallway I made in 3D World Studio(Builder Edition..if that matters) ..I exported the model pieces to .X format opened it in Blender ...this is the blender render: http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=73382

Here are the pics of the hallway in a game engine:

http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=73383

http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=73384

Took 5 minutes to make the hallway and export it to a format that Blender can open and also about the same amount of time to get it running in a game engine.

But the goal is to be able to export it from the Leadwerks 3 editor to be able to make modifications to the model in Blender..

But the goal is to be able to export it from the Leadwerks 3 editor to be able to make modifications to the model in Blender..

Just a question, won't it be more fast to directly make the base halfway in Blender and continue modifying in Blender ?

But yes be able to export level and terrain can be interesting, i seen someone exporting terrain to make it a mesh and apply specific modifications like creating mesh paths etc ...

Some people could have specific modifications needs indeed.

Stop toying and make games

Just a question, won't it be more fast to directly make the base halfway in Blender and continue modifying in Blender ?

Depends on the model.... 3D World Studio and Leadwerks 3 have a nice in-editor tool to build quick objects(quicker than Blender,but not by a lot).. so all the non-terrain walk ways,hallways, tunnels and such can be quickly and easily made in 3D World Studio or Leadwerks 3 editor ...but for adding details and such I would like to export it..

I wasn't thinking about exporting terrain mesh ..but that would be nice also..

I am just saying that ..I read somewhere that Josh is merging 3D World Studio with Leadwerks 3 ... I see it already in 3.2 ...but if he truly wanted to merge the two he needs to add the export option that 3D World Studio has along with the other tools,like carve,hollow,slice plane, extrude face, and mirror ..