Level Editor

ddabrahim

Hi. I was using the Level Editor in the past few days and I feel it a bit limited because I can create, scale, rotate only basic and whole shapes. A Level Editor in Leadwerks can be a really useful feature but to design a really nice unique level we still have to use external modeling tools which makes the Level Editor somehow less useful. If I have to fire up a modeling tool to design any part of the level, why should I use Leadwerks editor to create walls and floors, I can do that easily in any modeling tool, and I'm really mentioning here custom shapes to make a level unique not to modeling a tea pot, fuse box and such to make it detaild.

In my opinion can be really useful if we could select vertex points, edges, faces of the objects we just created in Leadwerks and we could move and rotate individually the selected face, edge and vertex point. Also can be really useful if we could add vertex points to selected edges and we could add new edges to selected faces or to add new edges we could simply divide the objects horizontally and vertically.

Also can be useful a cutting tool. For example, we could use an object created in Leadwerks as the reference shape of the cut. We could just place an object to go through an other object, and we could cut the shape of the selected (cutting) object in to the other object. We could use any object created in Leadwerks as the reference of the shape or we could have specific cutting objects in all kind of shapes.

This way we could create really unique levels in Leadwerks, anything we just imagine.

If it too much to ask, at least more shapes to choose from can be really useful, especialy some curve, vaulted, convex shapes, anything you can imagine.

Thanks smile.png

Yeah, right now you can only create simple brushes which I think should definetely be changed asap.

The reason also for slice and vertex tool is that you can really optimise the level also using these tools by using less faces shown meaning you can caulk more brush faces.

Suggested from long time, for BSP to worth it in LE3 editor you will need lot more tools and editing options, if not you quickly need to use some external modeler so no more need of LE3 BSP system.

- edit vertex, edges, faces (extrude/bevel/delete)

- Cut tool (cut loop)

- select faces/edges (select loop)

- Basic boolean : Join , substract

Steam Workshop is out , so we don't know what is the roadmap ? What is coming next ? terrain or BSP or other featuress ?

Caus big open terrain outdoor games are also demanded perhaps more than BSP indoor games.

• Upvote 1

Stop toying and make games