Mapping standards

Josh

Now that the new update is out, I can give you some standard mapping measurements to use. Our textures I have created will be built around these dimensions, so if you make your maps accordingly, you will be able to easily use a variety of textures on them. Measurements are in centimeters:

• Thin walls = 16 thick
  • Thick walls = 32 thick
  • One-story building interior = 256 high
  • Stairs: 16 high x 24 deep
  • Doorways: 128 wide x 224 high
  • Windows: 80 wide, 128 tall, with a height above the floor of 96

Download a sample map:

template.zip

And here is the Photoshop / Paint Shop Pro template I made for textures:

texture_template.zip

post-1-0-08572400-1402265404.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 19

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 5 months later...

What's the best way to make 16cm-thick walls or other boxes that don't have dimensions that are multiples of 32? The only ways I know of are to turn grid snapping completely off in the options, or to change the scale (and then the position) in the object properties. Is there a more convenient method I don't know about?

What's the best way to make 16cm-thick walls or other boxes that don't have dimensions that are multiples of 32? The only ways I know of are to turn grid snapping completely off in the options, or to change the scale (and then the position) in the object properties. Is there a more convenient method I don't know about?

Yep, just right-click and select the decrease grid size option.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Hey guys?! i have a simple...maybe silly question....

what is a maximmum resolution of textures that Leadwerks suports and handle without problems?

I have seen 8192x8192 used in previous versions of LE but it really has more to do with how many textures and what an individual graphics card can handle. In any case, why are you necro-posting - especially on a post that has nothing to do with your question? Just start your own thread. wink.png

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

I have seen 8192x8192 used in previous versions of LE but it really has more to do with how many textures and what an individual graphics card can handle. In any case, why are you necro-posting - especially on a post that has nothing to do with your question? Just start your own thread. wink.png

Allright then pal ;) thanks for ansver!

il just take my information for my asks..))

native language: Greek.

foreign language:Russian,English

OS type:from 2009 is Linux Based ONLY!

• Josh unpinned this topic
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Great will grab this template.  Love using dev textures from half Life mapping days.  To layout stuff. 

Dream since child of making games! From Game Programming Starter Kit 3.0, Blitz Basic, Map Creation since Duke 3D, Game Maker, Blitz3D (of recent..2023) and many other engines and years..... never really sticking to it with inner struggles that I've had to fight along with pushing to learn and acheive.

40 years old.. came across Leadwerks on Steam... Learning slowly but surely and loving it!

Learn with me or just watch me fail! at my random Youtube Channel, as I stream adhoc while learning and using LeadWerks and other game creating tools.

https://www.youtube.com/@wazmeister3151/featured