Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

EvilTurtleProductions

Members
  • Content Count

    24
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

36 Excellent

Profile Information

  • Location
    Netherlands
  • Interests
    Games & gamedev, programming, electronics, music and DIY synthesizers.

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. As a test I commented out every single line with EmitSound() and Source's Play() methods so not a single sound would play. As expected the amount of sources (sources.size()) stays at 21 (I didn't disable the Source creation code, also 21 seems a bit much?). If I uncomment the EmitSound() line in the above footstep sounds code then again the sources start at 21, but as soon as I start walking around it increments with each footstep i.e. the behavior as described in my post.
  2. I'll cut it up to the bits related to sound, it's a bit much otherwise. Most of the code is very similar to the standard FPSplayer LUA script anyways, albeit C++ Here's where the sounds are loaded in and Sources are setup: //sounds sounds[0] = Sound::Load("Sound/Player/flashlight_02_on.wav"); sounds[1] = nullptr; //TODO use a sound here, suit noises loop? sounds[2] = Sound::Load("Sound/Footsteps/Astronaut/step1.wav"); sounds[3] = Sound::Load("Sound/Footsteps/Astronaut/step2.wav"); sounds[4] = Sound::Load("Sound/Footsteps/Astronaut/step3.wav"); sounds[5] = Sound::Load("Sound/F
  3. I've been having issues with the audio in our game Disinfection lately. Sounds cut off or don't play at all. I've also been seeing some crashes with an OpenAL AL_INVALID_VALUE error in the log. I've been trying to figure out why, here's some of my observations: I'm not sure if these are the right values to check but this is how I've been keeping track of the channels and sources available/in use: System::Print("MAX available sound channels: " + std::to_string(listener->sounddriver->GetMaxChannels())); System::Print("Sound channels in use: " + std::to_string(listener->sou
  4. Here's some screens from a recent testing session:
  5. Aw thank you. And hey everyone is different, everyone has their weaknesses... and more importantly: their strengths Play on yours
  6. I've been experimenting with the lighting and GI probe shaders and done some minor tweaks that have had a huge impact for the visuals. Especially metal surfaces look a lot more... metal. The specular reflection intensity and size is now more correct to the surface roughness and metallic values. GI probe reflections are more balanced too now. Been working hard on the new lobby map too, since it's the place players will meet up and accept missions. Loads of new models in place and I also updated the mission- and player screens to make them much more clear and comprehensive. CRT
  7. Oh yes Blender is quite overwhelming. I am planning to make a tutorial post here on the LW forums in which I will detail my workflow and how to make PBR-textures in Blender with the plugin as well as texture packing in Materialize. Don't expect that anytime soon though, I am incredibly busy with the game atm haha
  8. it's a combination of vertex-shader mesh deform and using the render buffer that's available for z-buffered materials. In Blender I made a simple plane, subdivided to 8k vertices, which I exported to the game. I then made another copy of the plane that has a very high amount of vertices, I use this plane to sculpt whatever shape I like (in this case that claw). Since the UV map for both planes is the same (Blender automatically interpolates when subdividing) I can simply bake the vertex positions to a small texture (I used 128x128 in above screenshots) which is then used by the vertex-
  9. Yes. I was planning this for lights that are completely off. Thanks.
  10. Big dumb moment there. I was staring at the wrong problem, haha, thanks. I implemented a different solution than the while loop though, since not all children might be lights. Instead I use a vector that I fill with all the lights, then loop through this vector to re-parent the lights.
  11. Thank you so much 😄 I use Wings3D for the modelling, Blender with the PBR Painter 2 plugin for the textures and animations. Can highly recommend that by the way, it's made things ten times easier and faster. I've heavily customized the original PBR shader in LeadWerks to better implement PBR and to implement texture packing so metallic, roughness, AO (baked in Blender), emission, height and extra data such as a texture for the infection effects is contained in just 2 textures. Albedo and normal maps are 2 more textures, for 4 textures in total. It's not perfect yet, but getting the
  12. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1921130/Disinfection/ Our game is gonna release by the end of the month (if all goes well), on Early Access. Made in LeadWerks 4.6 with loads of customization
  13. After about 4 seconds two of the lights go off, even though I set all four lights to go off. Check the code comments in App.cpp.
  14. I've made a simple demo, replicating the way the game builds levels (albeit just one node in this test) and modifies the lights and I get the same issue. See attachment for the project. All the code is in C++, I've commented it heavily so hopefully that is some help. The prefab objects are in the Prefabs folder & in the editor in scene/prefabs. LightsTest.zip
  15. The game is now on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1921130/Disinfection/ Wishlist that puppy
×
×
  • Create New...